8 Of The Best Designs Using Brass Inlay
Light geometric lines of gleaming brass add a subtle linear element to dark wood furniture and visual interest through a pattern that is intriguing but not overpowering. There’s a fine line to get right; we prove that design is in the detail.
1. Dante table, price upon request, asherisraelow.com
2. Set on a solid plinth base, this solid mango wood cabinet features a brass line pattern across its doors. The charcoal stain further enhances this linear detailing and the modern appearance. With three removable interior shelves, the unit could easily function as a practical media unit.
Brass inlay cabinet, $649, CB2.com
3. Melrose drinks cabinet, £1,255, houseoffraser. co.uk
4. Furniture designer Asher Israelow is based at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. His studio specialises in original, small batch pieces. And the subtle line detail in this double bed is typical of the designer’s considered approach to traditional joinery.
Adrift bed, price upon request, asherisraelow.com
5. The Anderson furniture collection at made.com has a contemporary industrial luxe look. The brass covered recess and ultra-slim handles are the defining features of this eye-catching mango wood sideboard.
Anderson sideboard in mango wood, £599, made.com
6. The 30mm thick top of this elegant side table is inlaid with a brass profile, the attention to detail lifting the piece and making it even more desirable. The satin finish enhances the high-end appearance.
Sola side table, £795, m-dex-design.co.uk
7. The Beam cupboard by Dutch designer Piet Hein Eek combines raw timber and polished brass to striking effect, taking on the appearance of a stack of beams on a plinth.
The Beam cupboard, £20,660, scp.co.uk
8. Walnut Knuckle pendant, £100, talaled.com
Read Warehouse Home Issue Five here! The latest issue of the internationally renowned Warehouse Home magazine is live online and can be enjoyed in full and entirely free. Read Warehouse Home Issue Five by clicking here or view in the reader below.
Finally, keep up to date with our latest blog posts by following MWH with Bloglovin